School uniform plays a vital role in promoting the ethos of a school, providing a sense of belonging and identity and setting an appropriate tone for education. By creating a common identity amongst all pupils, regardless of background, a school uniform can also act as a social leveller.
The “Education (Guidance about Costs of School Uniforms) Act 2021” states that all stipulated school uniform items must be affordable for all and any branded items, purchased through uniform suppliers, offer value for money. This statutory guidance came into effect in September 2022.
The Aspire Uniform Policy, formed in part by parent/pupil voice, ensures each individual uniform offering across the trust is in line with this legislation and helps maintain the balance between affordability and upholding of school ethos and identity.
- Royal blue jumper/cardigan (school logo optional)
- White cotton shirts or white polo shirt
- Grey or black trousers/shorts/skirt/pinafore
- Blue & white summer dresses (summer term only)
- School tie (KS2)
- Plain black school shoes - no trainers, boots or open toes
- Plain trainers for outdoor sport in KS2 and plimsolls/trainers for KS1
- Plain white round neck t-shirts or royal blue PE shirt with logo (optional)
- Royal blue shorts.
- Plain jogging bottoms in periods of cold weather
School Ties/Book bags/PE bags can be purchased via Parentpay and collected from the school office.
Plain uniform items can be purchased from retail outlets such as supermarkets. For our branded uniform items, you can order online via the link below: