Welcome to the Carlyon Bay class page
A normal day in Carlyon Bay
- We start off our day by greeting the children at the door. There are a range of morning activities spread across the week, which the children are familiar with. These often include a fluency maths activity, usually based on number facts or times tables, a spelling activity, a chance to return to work marked by the adults in the class, or quiet reading. The children are regularly given the opportunity to choose from our exciting range of books that we keep in the story corner.
- The children then either go to a Phonics activity or remain in class to do spelling tasks using our Read Write Inc books, followed by a Guided reading activity.
- We then have Maths which starts with a short Fluency activity, followed by Maths teaching and then the children work through a series of questions.
- After play, the children continue with the maths then we move on to English and a writing task.
- By then, the children are looking forward to their lunch!
- After lunch and play, the children return to the class where they have another settling task, which is often based on Times table practise.
- We then spend the afternoons exploring different subjects.
- On Mondays, all the Year 3s go in to Mrs Price's class, and the Year 4s go in to Mrs Philp's class for their Science lessons. We love experiments and sharing our knowledge and asking questions. We also enjoy a whole school TEAMS assembly where we share successes from last week.
- On Tuesdays, we do PE with Mrs Carter and an art activity with Mrs Philp
- Wednesday is our Topic day, along with a Picture News or Music lesson.
- Mrs Ellis teaches us on Thursdays and we have RE, Spanish and PSHE.
- By Friday, we all look forward to our ICT lesson where we work on a range of Coding and creative projects using the school's Ipads and Chrome books. We also enjoy a short, live Music session with the Rock Steady crew!
- A busy week! -
Topic Homework - There are always due in on the last week of each half term. We love looking at all the work the children have done over the half term.
Year 3/4 Spelling overview Autumn 1 - each week the spellings will be sent out on Fridays and be tested the following Friday. We send out a sheet of activities for the children to choose 2-3 activities that suits them best.
Amazing topic home- 'Coasts'